Today we are guide you how to Resolve Valheim Controller Problem.Excellent open-world game Valheim is ideal for single-player and multiplayer gameplay. I can just offer some feedback on the single-player portion of the game. In the video game Minecraft, you can upgrade crafting facilities, explore new materials, and hack trees.
Table of Contents
However, many users discover that following the most recent patch update, the Valheim Steam deck controls are broken. According to our analysis, there are a few fixes that might be able to remedy this kind of issue. Therefore, if you are having this issue, take the following actions.
You can use this method to resolve gamepad controller problems on your Windows PC when playing Valheim. Numerous players have reported their controllers not functioning since the release of Valheim.
How to Resolve Valheim Controller Problem
So, in order to help you repair the problem of the Valheim Steam Deck controls not working, here are some changes. Therefore, if you encounter this issue, be careful to implement these fixes.
Method 1:Steam Configuration
Let’s start with Steam as that is the only way to buy this game. Make sure your controller is set up correctly on Steam for it to function in Valheim. The steps in the next section will walk you through setting up your controller on Steam.
- Launch the Steam application.
- Click on Steam on the top left and select Settings
- Go to the Controllers section and click General Controller Settings
- Click on the check box and select your game controller Click the back button or open the window close the
The last step is to start Valheim and see if the controller problem has been fixed. Before starting the game, make sure your controller is plugged in.
Method 2:Driver Update
The most frequent cause of the unresponsive controller in Valheim is an outdated or incompatible driver on your PC. You might try installing the controller generic driver to resolve this problem. Usually, this technique works like magic. Here’s how to install the generic controller driver if you haven’t already.
- Your PC must first be connected to the controller.
- Select USB Root Hub in Device Manager.
- You only need to right-click and choose Update Driver.
- By choosing Browse my computer, you can find driver software on your computer.
- Then choose Let me choose from a list of available drivers on my machine from the menu that appears.
- Click Next after choosing USB Root Hub from the list.
Simply repeat the procedure for the remaining root hub if your Device Manager displays more than two USB Root Hub options.
Another technique is to update the driver using Xbox 360 Peripherals, which is a setting on your PC. Follow these simple steps to accomplish this:
- You must first attach the controller to your computer.
- From the Device Manager menu, choose Other Devices.
- If you notice a question mark icon on the device, right-click it and choose Update Driver from the option that appears.
- Select Look for driver software on my computer.
- Pick a driver from the list on my PC.
- Select Xbox 360 accessories from the list.
- By pressing the next button, you may choose Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows.
- After the adjustments have been made, click the Yes button to accept them, then close Device Manager.
Now, your controller ought to be functional. Let’s attempt the last strategy we know if it’s still not working.
Method 3:Verify Game Files
If the game files are corrupted or missing, you can use this method to search for a missing or corrupted game file. The Valheim Steam Deck controls not working issue is fixed by following the instructions listed below.
- Launch Steam by going to Steam > Library.
- Right-click Valheim in the list of installed games.
- Clicking Properties > Go to Local Files will take you there.
- After that, select Verify Integrity of Game Files to examine the game files’ integrity.
- The process will take some time to finish.
- Once you’re finished, you can restart your computer.
Method 4:Perform a Clean Boot
Some applications may launch automatically with their associated services when the system boots. If such programs or services were used, this would undoubtedly take a lot of system and internet resources. If you have the same symptoms, try performing a clean boot on your computer to identify the issue. This is how:
- Tap Windows + R to display the Run dialog box.
- Enter “msconfig” to launch System Configuration.
- By selecting the box next to the Services tab’s Hide all Microsoft services checkbox, you can conceal all Microsoft services.
- Click Disable all to keep the modifications in place. Click Apply next, followed by OK.
- By selecting the Startup tab, you may access the Task Manager.
- The Task Manager interface will be displayed. On the Startup tab, click.
- Once that assignment has been chosen, select the one that will have the greatest influence on startup.
- Click Disable after selecting them to stop them from starting.
- Make sure to follow these instructions again for every software whose launch impact is greater.
- After you’re done, restart your computer to make the modifications effective.
Method 5:Update Valheim
If you haven’t updated your Valheim game in a while, check for updates and download the most recent patch (if it’s available) by following the steps below. This is how:
- Navigate to Library > Select Valheim in the Steam client’s left window.
- If there is an update, you’ll be informed. If an update is available, click Update.
- Make careful to shut down the Steam client after the Update has been installed.
- Finally, restart your computer to make the changes effective before relaunching the game.
That resolves the problem with the malfunctioning controls on the Valheim Steam Deck. This informational resource should be useful to you. Let us know if you require any additional details in the comments section below in the meanwhile.